My name is Nana Boateng. I am a Statistician, Econometrician and a Data Scientist:
- I am interested in Applying mathematics, statistics,economics and computer science concepts in solving business, economic, finance and industrial problems.
- I am broadly interested in applied statistical methods such as non-parametric methods,exact statistical methods, bayesian inference, hierachical/multilevel models, time series, survival analysis ,Markov Chain Monte-carlo etc.
- Machine learning (deep learning, recommender systems, natural language processing, network analysis), Clustering Algorithms, Dimensionality Reduction
- Sample Size Estimation and Power Analysis.
- Optimization techniques (linear / nonlinear programming, dynamic / stochastic programming)
- Quantitative finance ( Monte Carlo simulation, risk quantification, portfolio optimization, economic scenario generation)
- Distributed computer storage and processing : Spark, SQL ,GPU computing
- R, Matlab, Python, C++, Octave, SAS, Stata
I begun my academic research career in bio-statistical fields such as applying statistical models in investigating pediatric and thoracic oncology. I have being involved in applying state of the art machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing techniques in solving problems in the automobile industry, finance and insurance industries.
- Ph.D (2016), Statistics, University of Memphis
- M.Sc (2014), Statistics, University of Memphis
- MA (2017), Economics, University of Memphis
- M.Sc (2012), Mathematics, Middle Tennessee State University
- B.Sc (2007), Mathematics , Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology